Pages

August 25, 2011

Making cards

hello everyone, am sure that most of you must be really busy with the Eid preparations, sigh, for me here don't really feel anything :-( Hopefully on the day itself we may have some fun !

Just wanted to show some cards I made to send back home. Yup, it seems I've been bitten by the 'card making' bug ! I tried scrapbooking with my kids photos a few years back but got quickly bored cos it was so time consuming not to mention costly! And in the end, the only person that kept looking at the album was me ! But recently I discovered this !


This is the Magnolia company and that cute girl is Tilda! There's a cute boy version called Edwin. The mag sold here is of course in Dutch but you can get the English version at WHSmith UK. But still its full of gorgeous inspiring cards featuring the magnolia stamps. And so I decided to venture forth ....


My first attempt! I stamped the bird on white cardstock and colored with color pencils, cut out a window on the main pink card stock and inserted the bird. I just cut out the little green 'ketupat' from a glittered cardstock.


The inside, yup, very messy stamping, need to practice more


2nd card attempt! The girl stamp is from Blossom, the butterflies are stuck using 3D foam squares, see how they fly :)


Decided to use free hand script, still horrid


3rd card attempt! This is Tilda from the magnolia collection, used 'photo vintage' distress ink to ink up the edges around Tilda


The inside, glittered paper stamped with leaves border clear stamp using olive ink


4th card! Yup, was already exhausting my creative juices! So a simple layering of card stock and lace and freehand cut out fabric blooms from scraps


The Tilda stamp is rubber that is mounted on acrylic block. I rounded the corners just by using the ends of a circle template I made. Distress it using the the ink and the foam, still needs loads of practice !


The cardstock were all from 'First Edition Papers', a book of 64 gorgeous papers 6x6 200gsm weight. Its the same as looking at a stack of fat eights fabrics or jelly rolls ! Please don't use anything below 200 gsm, too flimsy. The ready cut wooden hearts are gorgeous and handy too.

So, what do you think? Should I abandon this latest craze of mine ? Its amazingly time consuming but there's such satisfaction when you see the end result. Now my nights are spent browsing the blogs of magnolia cards. My favorite designer is twopeasinabucket, she does such gorgeous work and has youtube videos too. I can get the supplies if anyone is interested, delivery in December.

These cards are going out to my friend and parents and inlaws tomorrow night, hope they're not chucked into the bin !

Selamat Hari Raya , Eid Mubarak all 

xoxoxoxooxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails