Pages

May 16, 2012

The Most Beautiful Shop In The World!

Well, in my eyes that is. What am I talking about? It's Liberty of London !! 
I only started seeing the Liberty name once I started blog walking among the serious seamstress, they keep talking about liberty lawn and how buttery it was to sew etc. So one fine rainy weekend we decided to head west to London, taking the Euro Tunnel with our car from Calais, the crossing only took 35 minutes, aah the wonder of modern technology. One minute you are saying Bonjour, 35 minutes later its Good day mate ! Awesome. 

Even if you don't sew, if you're in London, please please head down to the Liberty store. It is gorgeous on the outside and once you're inside, believe me, you'll be oohing and aahing the whole time while feeling depressed that you're not dripping with pound sterling :)


The facade is a black and white Tudor like manor building. Beautiful yes. Nearest tuib stop is Oxford Circus, red central line and blue Victoria line on Oxford Street. Head south on Regent Street and Liberty will be 100 m or so on your left. Now, let me show you the insides!


I think there's about 5 floors of exquisite items! It's a department store in itself but they have maintained the or maybe refurbished the old interiors.




Yes and the above are the lucious liberty cotton lawns. Now I know where the term English Cotton comes from. But Liberty lawn is oh so soft and light and almost feels like silk, it even has a shimmery sheen. I think I spent almost an hour just touching the bales and bales of luciousness :-)


Guess how much these shirts made from the same fabrics above cost ? 89 pound sterling!! 

The store is divided into rooms just like in a house and each room is full of beautiful things .





And so finally, what did I come out of there with ? :-)


Yes, of course, what else would you expect :-) only bought 1.5 mtrs of each to make a top and 0.5 of the pink for a top for shasha. Did I mention they cost 21 pounds / mtr ?!

Am keeping them till I know exactly what to do with them, my precious indeed ! 

So, if you go, let me know whether or not you agree that it's the most beautiful shop in the world ! 





2 comments:

  1. The store's something else isn't it? You're one up on me though, I've never managed to buy anything there for fear that once i start it would bankrupt me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty kak, you're so lucky to be there! I personally don't really like Liberty's signature small floral prints mainly because our local textile stores sells so many of their cheap cotton knockoffs since I was small! BUT I'm curious about its texture that people rave about...is it really soft and different from the cottons that I've seen n touch before? If only they are affordable, I'd buy just to touch 'em lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails