Pages

May 19, 2010

Summer Garden

At long last I completed this smocked summer dress. Was sidetracked discovering gorgeous stuff on blogshops and trying out non smocking patterns. Needed to give thine eyes a break from smocking those little pleats. I'm really happy with how this turned out. I wanted an easy relax dress that Shasha could wear anywhere. Most of the smocked ones I've been making were more formal party ones.


Its a halterneck style, pattern for the dress taken from Australian Smocking issue 79. I kept it simple using lace flowers in the smocking rather than embroidered. I love how the bright pink corded piping on the armband and neck gave the dress a splash. I added a 2inch tuck which I can let down as she grows taller and pink grossgrain ribbon at the hem. The same white lace flowers are stitched on the ribboned hem.

A close up of the front smocked panel


The pretty butterflies are from Yee's Button, simply gorgeous albeit a bit expensive. The whole panel is backsmocked to make sure the pleats stay together.

A gorgeous summer dress would not be complete without a summer hat :)


The patterns from Aust Smocking magazines are simply perfect. Comes with detailed instruction on how to construct a garment. MPH Malaysia is currently carrying multiple back issues in their stores at only RM36. Do go take a look, I always look forward to their next issue, just so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails